Makes 2 servings
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tomato, sliced into wedges
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese, queso blanco, or cotija (I just happened to have fresh ricotta, but the others would be just as good, if not better)
- juice from half a lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- a handful of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, diced
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and brown for about 5 minutes. Add peppers.
- Remove casing from chorizo and add to skillet with onions and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until done; about 10 minutes.
- Make the avocado crema: put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Plate up the 2 salads: lay down the spinach beds, sprinkle with lime juice, spoon the chorizo mixture on top, sprinkle the scallions, add a few tomato wedges to each plate, add a dollop each of cheese and avocado crema to each plate and serve.
I just happened to have some left over refried beans so I added a scoop of those to each plate as well.