- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners sugar for rolling
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, whip the eggs with the sugar until thick. Add the vanilla extract and the melted chocolate and mix.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder into a bowl and add this to the chocolate mixture. Mix until combined.
- Place this bowl in the refrigerator for about 2 hours until the dough hardens enough to scoop out.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Scoop one inch balls. Roll these in powdered sugar and place them on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten the tops of the cookies a bit with your fingers and bake until set for about 12 minutes.