- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl cream sugar and butter and add eggs one at a time. Next add the vanilla, then the yogurt and milk. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet until all is incorporated. Add in chips.
- Either use papers to line the muffin tins or spray them with a non-stick cooking spray. Fill the tins about 2/3 and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
*Note: this recipe can be made without the butter and without the eggs. The
consistency will be more sponge-like than cake-like.