- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 red peppers
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 celery hearts with leaves, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- juice of half a lemon
- finely diced tomato to serve
- snipped fresh chives to serve
- crusty bread to serve
- extra greens if desired
- Preheat oven to 400. Place chicken in a roasting pan, drizzle over 4 tablespoons olive oil. Season well. Roast for 25 minutes. Add the white wine to the chicken, then roast for another 5 minutes until golden and tender. Thinly slice the chicken and leave to cool in the pan juices.
- Place the peppers in the oven to roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Place in bowl covered with foil and leave to cool. Skin, deseed, then finely slice the flesh. If you don’t want to roast the red peppers yourself, feel free to substitute with store-bought roasted red peppers in the jar.
- In a large bowl, mix 4 tablespoons olive oil with the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken and pan juices, strips of pepper, and toss well. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Divide the salad between 6 serving plates. Dress each plate with a little diced tomato and snipped fresh chives. Drizzle a little of the remaining oil around each salad and serve immediately with crusty bread to mop up the juices. I like to put this all on top of an extra bed of greens, preferably baby spinach.