High in protein and vitamin C this dish surprised us when it hit our tongues. Not that we thought it’d be gross or anything, we just didn’t have terribly high expectations. Succulent chunks of chicken, slightly crunchy bok choy, velvety shiitake mushrooms, a well-rounded flavor that’s slightly salty and powerful with ginger- this dish is lovely.
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat stock in a skillet; when it begins to steam, add scallions and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the ginger and saute for another minute
- Add chicken and continue to saute
- After 2-3 minutes add the shiitake mushrooms and bok choy and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper
We opted to have this over brown rice but it would also be great over noodles, or wrapped up in a tortilla.