- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthways
- 10 1/2 oz eggplant, quartered lengthways
- 6-8 baby portobella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced in half
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 barbecued chicken breast (I pan-sear a breast with a BBQ vinaigrette)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 handfuls arugula or spinach
- Preheat oven to 400. Place the tomatoes and eggplant on a large baking sheet, drizzled with a little olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper. Bake, turning the eggplant halfway through, for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the sweet potato for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Place in a large bowl with tomato and eggplant.
- Lightly drizzle a skillet with olive oil and cook the onion over a low heat for 6 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Remove any skin or bones from the chicken and discard. Cut the chicken meat into bite-sized chunks and add to the vegetables with the cilantro and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss gently.
- Place the arugula on a plate or platter; then the chicken mixture and top with the onion. Drizzle with the remaining balsamic vinegar to taste. Serve with thick slices of wholegrain bread.