- 4-6 fresh cherries
- 1 bar spoon or teaspoon Luxardo juice (a spoonful of the liquid from a jar of Luxardo maraschino cherries)
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz gin (I prefer Spring 44 for this drink)
- 2 oz seltzer
- a fresh slice of lime for garnish
- other herbal garnishes as desired
- Fill a lowball glass halfway with ice, preferably small cubes or crushed.
- In a pint glass or cocktail mixer, muddle the cherries and cherry juice. Add lime juice. Add gin. Pour over the ice into the glass.
- Fill the glass with seltzer then stir with cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with lime slice and/or other herb sprigs as desired.
Note: A cherry gin fizz is typically made using fresh cherries muddled with sugar. I tend to have Luxardo cherries in stock for making a good Old Fashioned, so I liked the idea of using a bit of the syrupy sweet liquid from the jar instead of sugar. You could also use some straight up Luxardo liqueur if you’ve got it.