- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano OR 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package frozen pizza dough, thawed (best for handling at room temperature)
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic; saute for 2 minutes. Add broccoli; cook, stirring until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine broccoli mixture, mozzarella, Parmesan, roasted peppers, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into pieces (2 for very large servings, 3 or 4 for smaller ones); roll out each piece to form a circle and work the dough over your fists to make it slightly thinner. Spoon an equal amount of broccoli mixture in the center of each circle. Fold dough over filling to form a half circle. Press edges with a fork to seal (any unsealed dough will allow hot, bubbly cheese to leak out and make a mess); prick a few holes in pocket tops.
- Place pockets on baking sheet (or pizza stone). Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately. A dish of warm sauce on the side to dip into is a nice accompaniment.