- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Nilla wafers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling or chocolate sauce and 5 or 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs together; add vanilla and beat again until smooth and fluffy. Place cookie flat side up in a cupcake liner in muffin tins.
- Spread filling over wafer (one heaping spoonful).
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350. When cool, top with preferred topping. Cherry pie filling is traditional and tasty, but the peanut butter cup cheesecakes have been a hit at parties. Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle those over the cooled tarts. Then drizzle chocolate sauce over each tart. Refrigerate and serve.
Makes about 24.