Are you in need of a side dish for your dinner with a Mexican twist? Do you love fresh squashes? Colorful foods? Adding vitamin C and powerful antioxidants to your diet? Well then, you’re in luck as I have just the recipe for you!
As an alternative, you could add some goat cheese to this dish and serve it as a vegetarian entree over brown rice.
- 1 medium onion, cut in a large dice
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini , diced into cubes
- 2 cups yellow squash, diced into cubes
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz can of diced green chili
- 4 tablespoons chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice onion and chop garlic
- Prepare all other vegetables
- Heat 1 tablespoon stock in a large skillet
- Sauté onions in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent
- Add garlic and saute for another minute
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, remaining broth, green chili, and cook for another 3 minutes or so until the vegetables are tender, stirring often
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook for another couple of minutes
- Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper
Adapted from a recipe posted on the world’s healthiest foods.