- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2″ chunks
- 8 eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bologna herbal sea salt
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Toss butternut chunks and onion slices into an oven safe skillet with some olive oil to coat. Season with salt, pepper, and herbal salt blend. Roast in oven for 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sage, salt, pepper, herbal salt blend, and a bit of the Gruyere. Pour over squash and cook in the oven for 6 or 7 minutes. Remove from oven and turn broiler on high.
- Sprinkle remaining Gruyere all over the top. Broil for 2 minutes until cheese turns golden and edges poof up a bit.
- Cool for a few, then slice and serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Whole Foods.