- 1 loaf French bread cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or crea
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place half of the bread cubes in a 9×13 baking dish. Scatter with pieces or spoonfuls of cream cheese and then sprinkle with blueberries. Cover with the remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, combine all eggs, half and half/cream, syrup, and melted butter and mix well. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes in the baking dish. Chill overnight (the recipe tastes best when the bread has had about 24 hours to soak up the egg mixture).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and serve with syrup on the side.
*Note: substitute any type of bakery rolls or croissants, sweet bread, challah etc. for the French bread.