- 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked (I prefer whole wheat)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cooking spray (an olive oil mister is best)
- 1 (15.5 ounce) jar salsa
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine cheeses and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. I like to stir some cilantro into the cheese mixture. Spread cheese mixture over one side of each noodle. Spoon black beans evenly over cheese mixture. Roll up noodles, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow ends.
- Place lasagna rolls, seam sides down, in a 9×13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- To serve, spoon salsa evenly over rolls and garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.