- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 and line muffin tins.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners ~2/3.
- Bake for 24 minutes.
- Remove from tins and allow to cool.
If you want to add a simple ganache frosting:
- Put 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces, into a bowl
- Heat 4 oz heavy cream until almost boiling then pour over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, dip the top of each into the ganache.