- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted (or 2 small)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper or Thai chile, finely chopped or 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Dry roast the 2tbsp of coconut in a dry skillet on medium heat. Stir constantly until uniformly golden brown.
- In a bowl, mash avocado. Add 1/4 cup of coconut, tomato and lime juice. Mix well.
- In a skillet, dry roast garlic cloves with skin over medium heat until skins start to brown. Remove skin and place in a blender or food processor. Add shallots to the blender along with salt and process to a paste.
- Add the garlic paste, cilantro and chilies to the avocado mixture. Stir well to mix. Garnish with roasted coconut.