- 6 cups stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 16 oz. canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup Hennepin (a Belgian Saison / Farmhouse Ale made by Brewery Ommegang in NY)
- 4 oz. of Prosciutto ham, thinly sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Bring stock to simmer in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and keep stock hot.
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped shallots; saute 2 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat. Add Hennepin and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add 3/4 cup hot stock and simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add the artichoke hearts and remaining hot vegetable broth 3/4 cup at a time, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is just tender and mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, Prosciutto ham, chopped fresh thyme and lemon juice. Serve warm.
Recipe from Bottoms Up.