- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup almond oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with baking liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour boiling water over chopped apricots and set aside to soften. Once soft, remove from water.
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Add pecans. Stir juice, eggs, oil and honey into softened apricots. Add to dry ingredients and mix just enough to moisten. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.