- 1 1/4 cups crushed All Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Heat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the crust ingredients and press them into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and blend well. At low speed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing until just blended. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. Pour this mixture into the crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until the center is set. Cool and then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serving suggestion: remove from pan and top with chopped walnuts and drizzle with caramel.