- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard (I used a pinot noir horseradish and it was delightful)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 grilled boneless chicken breast or a few thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Prepare grill for high heat.
- Brush oil onto one side of tortilla, and place on a plate with oil side down. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon mustard on the top side, and top with green onion, apple slices, chicken, and about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Place a second tortilla on top, and brush the top with olive oil. Repeat with remaining ingredients, stacking the quesadillas on the plate.
- Brush the grilling surface with oil and place the quesadillas carefully on the grill. Grill for about 3 minutes or until the bottom is crisp. Flip, and grill on the other side until crisp. Remove from grill to serving plates and cut into quarters. Serve warm.
Note: You may use a skillet or frying pan to cook the quesadillas if you do not have
access to a grill. Also, try using different flavored Gouda cheese or different varieties of
cheese. Tomato basil Gouda tastes wonderful with this recipe.