- 6 cider donuts, broken into chunks and left out for a few hours or overnight to get stale — I used Atkins farm cider donuts, which already were coated with sugar. If you’re using plain cider donuts then you may want to add a teeny bit of sugar into the mix.
- 1 apple, diced (and peeled if you prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter for greasing pan (and a few chunks for the top if you prefer)
- Grease a small glass pan with butter and preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together donut chunks and apple and spread into the pan.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour creamy mixture over the donuts and apples and let sit for 10-20 minutes to soak up the moisture. Sprinkle a few chunks of butter along the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve warm or chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving. For added sweetness, drizzle with maple syrup or salted caramel sauce.