- 4 nectarines
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or allspice to taste
- 1 pint organic vanilla ice cream
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Slice the nectarines, leaving on the peel.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the nectarines over medium high heat until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice. Cook until sugar dissolves and nectarines are tender.
- Scoop ice cream out into 4 dishes, top with nectarines and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.