- 1 cup quinoa grain, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken sausages (I like to use the artichoke and olive ones from Whole Foods)
- a bunch of fresh baby spinach
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- a handful of baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Any other veggies or spices you’d like to add. This tends to be an “everything but the kitchen sink” dish for me, so whatever I have in the cabinet or fridge I chuck in.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium saucepan and add rinsed quinoa.
- Return to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove casing from sausage and sauté the meat in a pan. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic to pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When sausage, onion, mushrooms and quinoa are finished cooking, mix all ingredients into the pan of quinoa and serve.