- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I prefer Valrhona 70% Guanaja)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa (I prefer Valrhona)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- a splash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray/butter/grease a 9 inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add sugar, stir, reduce heat to low. Keep stirring until sugar starts to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla slowly.
- Sift cocoa and whisk into the mixture.
- Pour batter into tart pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until center doesn’t jiggle.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then invert onto a plate.
- Make ganache.
- Pour ganache over cake and spread evenly, allowing to drip along edges. Let sit at room temp for a few hours before serving, or in the fridge overnight.
- Slice thin and serve with whipped cream and salted caramel sauce.