- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, drained, and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced Havarti cheese with dill
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette or favorite dressing (I prefer to make shallot champagne vinaigrette)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Marinate chicken in dressing for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Lay green chili slices on top of each breast, then top with slices of cheese. Return to the oven until cheese has melted.
- Remove chicken from the oven, let cool for a few, and serve.