- a few leaves each of Swiss chard and collard greens, cleaned and chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (2 per plate)
- one green apple, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- half a lemon
- 1 small golden beet and 1 small carrot, diced and roasted
- 1 celeriac, peeled, diced, boiled and pureed
- bleu cheese
- half a leek, sliced
- Peel and dice the beet, carrot, and celeriac. Roast the beet and carrots for about 25 minutes at 425.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and celeriac and bring to a boil until soft. Strain celeriac and puree with an immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add butter, cream and/or stock if you want extra creaminess or flavor.
- Saute chicken thighs in a skillet, add whatever seasoning you prefer. I used a salt blend with rosemary, sage and thyme. Set aside on a plate when cooked.
- In the same skillet, saute the shallots and add the greens to the pan after a few minutes. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the greens while they cook for a few minutes. Transfer to plate when greens are wilted.
- Saute the leek sliced in the same skillet.
- Assemble salad on each plate: greens, topped with 2 chicken thighs, leeks, and bleu cheese. Put roasted veggies on the side, a dollop of celeriac puree on the side, and a few slices of apple on the side.