- 1 large onion
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package whole wheat dinner rolls, cubed and dried
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 oz) package cornbread dressing mix
- 4 oz dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 5 cups poultry stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- Combine first three ingredients in casserole. Toss with enough oil to moisten vegetables. Roast 15 minutes at 450.
- Add remaining ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Pour into large oiled casserole and bake, covered, 45 minutes at 350.